Sunday, March 21, 2010

Recap

This is a recap of my experience on the mission trip to Greece over my Spring Break. From the moment we left Chattanooga I knew that a lot of things were about to change. What I didn't know is how much. It took a good deal of time to final land in Athens,Greece. And by the time we did we were all dead tired.
Our first true day in Athens we had the privilege to attend Sunday service at the 1st Evangelical Church of Athens. It was beautiful and an amazing sight. We had to wear these headsets that translated the sermon for us. It was odd not knowing what was being said without them. The biggest struggle for me was not being able to sing because I can't speak Greek, but being able to listen to my brothers and sisters in Christ in their language was an experience I will not easily forget. After the service they had a lunch for us in the church where we got to eat with the other RUF groups and a few Greek students that attend this church. After for the rest of the day we got to explore Athens. My group went to the Acropolis Museum with a couple of the Greek guys from the church. Some of the group had to go and exchange their currency and while they did that I got a chance with another guys from my group to talk to the guys. They tired teaching us a few Greek phrases that we could use. They also, told us of some thing that are rude to do in Greece that we wouldn't think was. We spent a couple hours in the museum looking at the art and artifacts. We then followed our leader to see something. I don't remember if we ever got to see it; he wasn't that good with a map. Even so, we got to wander about the city and fellowship with one another. We also, ran into some of the best dogs you could possibly find. They followed us for the rest of the day and barked at and ran after anything they thought would harm us, it was a strange thing. That is what went on my first day in Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment